Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Life as a Superhero


At first glance, my photo may appear to just be a girl doing a handstand on top of Cloud Gate--more commonly known as "The Bean"--with no special powers. However, my ability is more of a personal thing. Since I was a gymnast, I know how important balance is, not just in my sport, but life in general. I would have the power to have perfect balance in my life and the world in general. For example, last week was very hectic for me, as i had multiple midterms and papers due. I tend to procrastinate, so with a little special power, I would've been able to do everything without a stress or care in my life. This power applies not only to physical things, but emotional, as well. One's attitude can really affect how one carries herself. A balanced set of emotions may very well be one of the most important aspects of my special powers. The world would be much more calm and peaceful because I would have the power to even out people's moods and cause many less conflicts!

I chose the location of my photo because I know how hectic life is in the City. Being in the Loop during rush hour can be a very emotionally charged thing. I across these 2 ideas after thinking for a while. Most people would choose the clichè flying or x-ray vision, but I wanted something unique. I thought back on things I'd done in my life and voila! I had my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment