Sunday, November 27, 2011

El Final!




When I originally started this project, I was honestly at a loss. I’ve always been a creative person, but never had to come up with a “big picture” idea. I just would know exactly what I wanted to do and I’d make it happen. However, for this, I randomly started googling things that have a plethora of meanings. Finally, I stumbled upon--no, not actually on the website--the word “power”. There are many things that power could describe: love, comedy, leadership, strength. Furthermore, there are both positive and negative connotations of the word. With this in mind, I set to work with a positive spin on things.

I knew one of my pictures would have to do with sports--the power of muscles. Shawn Johnson, the olympic gymnast, is one of the strongest athletes I know given her size. So, I did a quick search of her on the vault, and voilà! I had my image. My second image is the power of laughter. When I find random pictures online, the funniest ones tend to be the photobombs, be it intentional or unintentional. Based on that, I found a picture of an awkward llama and a snowboarder because who the heck would expect that animal in a terrain park? My third image has to do with the power of love. I could’ve chosen the cliché pink tinted, hand holding, ooey gooey picture, but I put a different spin on it. I chose the most absolutely awkward picture that I own: 2 of my best friends and me at our 8th grade dance. It literally reeks of awkwardness. My take on this image was the fact that even though we were horribly nerdy and weird, we’ve stuck by each other through everything, even crazy college life!

Overall, as I look at these images, I realize that they depict my life, even through the lives of others. I’ve always been big on sports and strength, so Shawn Johnson seemed like the perfect person for that, especially because I was a gymnast myself. The snowboarding picture honestly just makes me laugh. My best friend and I always joke about how awkward llamas are, so the blending of that and my favorite thing in the entire world--snowbarding--seem to be the perfect culmination of these 2 ideas. The last thing truly is my life. My best friends and I love each other, even if we’re weird and crazy and pretty awkward looking. These 3 images portray not only the big idea “power”, but also myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment