Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Sculpture




My sculpture is on a bench in Mirror Lake. I chose this location because there are many people that walk by it every day, but more than likely, few people will notice it. It is on the leg of the bench and has a penguin, along with a quote by William Durst, "Laughter is defiance. It's a snort in the face of fear and anxiety." I decided to add a penguin because if most people know me, they know that I have a stuffed penguin named Mumble from Happy Feet. I chose this quote for a couple of reasons. The first of which is that I truly believe that laughter can make all things better. The second being it fits rather well with a random penguin on a park bench. Personally, if I saw this, I know it would make me laugh. My sculpture is a simple, small painting on an already existing surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment