Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Story of Us


Ever since he broke up with me, it seems like Taylor Swift has written about my life. The Story of Us? Yeah, that's about me and Sean. Mean? Yup, he's that jerk she continues to refer to. This Summer, he shut me out of his life, even though he said that good ol' clichè "I want to be friends." How'd that work out? Not so well.

We met my Freshman year in our Residence Hall. We were on the activities board together, so one day he asked me to hang out. We instantly clicked and he became my best friend. I wasn't ready for a relationship right away, but 2 months later we were dating. We played frisbee and I even attempted to teach him how to do a handstand! (Lower right hand picture) Everything was going fantastically, until the Summer between my Freshman and Sophomore year. He was back home in California and I was in Illinois, needless to say, the distance just about did us in. He came and visited for my birthday and our 6 months anniversary (upper right hand picture) and things were awesome again. When he left, it became bad. However, when I went to visit him at the end of the Summer, everything was great once again. We drove all the way from his house in LA, to mine in Chicago. We saw amazing sites like the Grand Canyon (Lower left hand picture) and the Rockies. By the time we got back to school, we'd stopped fighting and went to all of the football games together (upper right hand picture). Long story short, at the end of this past school year, he broke up with me pretty much out of the blue. I went home for my internship and he stopped talking to me. We had a huge fight about seeing people after our relationship and he became furious with me. I wrote him a snail mail letter and he didn't even respond. In fact, when he saw me for the first time this year he barely acknowledged my presence. This past week, he started dating this other girl, who we both ironically had thought was, for lack of a better term, a "not so nice" person (center picture).

Needless to say, everything on campus reminds me of him. He came into my life so early in my college career, there's almost nothing that we haven't done together at Ohio State. To make this a full circle, when I walk to class, I almost satirically think about him. He was actually the one that suggested I take this class because he'd really enjoyed it. Funny how things work out!

2 comments:

  1. I liked how your map is transparent, so that I could see the map and your pictures at the same time. I think that you should have focused more on explaining how you get to class (e.g. what route you take) rather than your ex-boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, while I certainly am glad to hear Si Chu's perspective on this, I was really happy that you took this track on your project. I think a place can be informed (or even tainted) by the memory of someone. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete